Pages

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Addicted to you - ARC

Addicted To You
By: Krista & Becca Ritchie
http://www.amazon.com/Addicted-You-Series-1-ebook/dp/B00DE5EBZ8/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_i

5 stars for this wonderfully written book on addiction and codependency. I am truly at a loss for words when I think of what these childhood friends went through together and the strength and determination between the two to better themselves in the end. This is a truly amazing beginning story that leaves me wanting to know what happens next with Loren and Lily. Addicted to you, has a great balance of family, friends, alcohol, sex, addiction at its finest, codependency at its purest and finally the ability to realize when what they are trying is just not working.

I have never read anything quiet like this book! In reading the description, I was wondering if I would be reading an erotica with a lot of alcohol but that was not the case. Although there were some sexually explicit scenes and some awkward situations, this book really focuses on what I would believe a true sex addict would go through and face on a daily bases. The shocker for me was that Lily (main female character - sex addict) actually went through physical withdraws from lack of sex. I couldn't believe that an addiction minus substance would cause this type of reaction. Her best friend - turned boyfriend - turned inhibitor (main male character - Lo - Loren - alcoholic) would use her addiction to be able to get more of his. This book and a lot of the things that happened in the book was truly twisted. Not in a way that made me think that these things just couldn't happen in real life, actually just the opposite, I believed it with more conviction because of the twists and turns.

I think the author accurately described the fears of an addict and had the ability to make parts of it humorous while still keeping the meanings real. I enjoyed the extra bumps in the road with surprise things popping up constantly, the excuses for why things were the way they were & ultimately in the end, love being strong enough to shine a new light on what needed to be done.

I look forward to reading more on Lily and Loren! I pray these two are able to get the help they need and be able to find their way back to each other!

Side note: I feel we all have an addiction to something or someone.. Some of us are addicted to caffeine, nicotine, sex, alcohol, prescription drugs, READING (ha ha, look at the name of this blog).. & in some ways, some of us are blind to our addictions, some of us know we have them but don't know how to change them, some of us don't want to change anything, whatever the case may be, we all suffer from some type, large or small, but please know, there is help out there if you want it. There is someone else going through the same types of things, reach out and ask for help if you need it or want it. If someone that truly loves you mentions to you that they feel your addiction is harming yourself or they fear it could harm you, I ask you to please listen and truly access their words. People on the outside looking in, or the people who bring the topic up, they really are not doing this just to be mean, or to take away your fun, they do this because they love you and for some reason you have given them reason to worry. Don't take their concerns as jokes or cruelty. Reach out for help, start a journal documenting what they feel is a concern and see what feedback you give yourself. Attempt to do something to help ease their concerns. It could ultimately save your life, their life, or the lives of strangers! Just please don't brush it off and pretend that you know everything and can handle whatever it is!

Thanks for reading my blog posts! I hope that some day the messages I post reach someone and helps them! Please feel free to comment, or invite others to read my posts on books! Soon I will be starting another blog rambling with all the good advice I share with the people close to me... some straight up non sense and some so serious I cant believe it comes out of my mouth! HA! 

No comments:

Post a Comment