Pages

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Fire Dance - ARC

The Fire Dance
By: Helene Tursten

I was given this book by Netgalley for my honest opinion! 

I give this book 3.5 stars..

 I did enjoy this book, although I constantly felt as though I was missing something. I feel as if parts of the story were all over the place and I was not completely sure why certain things were even mentioned. 

If you are looking for a mystery to solve and one that will keep you guessing throughout the entire book, this is the book for you. I would say this story is probably going to be liked by more females than males, and appreciated more by people who enjoy and understand dance. Also, the scene was set in Sweden, which made some references extremely difficult for me to comprehend.  Unfortunately, I don't know a whole lot about ballerina's or the art of creating a show that involves music and dance, nor am I familiar with Sweden, so I feel my rating on this book is not completely fair. I would suggest having interest in one or more of these area's to get the most out of this book! 

I am still left with the questions of why the "Hell's Angels" was brought into the story, why the mentioning of the drug dealer shooting, why the lost memory of the lead detectives husband for a day? What connection did these items have to "The Fire Dance"? Also, a partner was mentioned in the beginning of this book & although briefly mentioned later that there was an accident, I am not sure really what happened to this partner, was the lead investigator ever given a new partner? Why was the partner even mentioned if he was not going to continue being in the story? 

As you all can see, I am left with more questions than answers, so my suggestion would be to just focus on Sophie's story, which will keep you guessing completely! I did not see the truth behind what happened until it was literally on the page before me!

** Ok so I went on Amazon looking to see if I could post my review on there & as I was looking around the page for this book, I realized that this is in fact the 6th book in this series! So I must say I MAY  go and get the first to see if some of the missing parts or questions that I have can be answered! If so, I may end up creating a new entry for this book! **

No comments:

Post a Comment